Tuesday, February 9, 2016

How does that work for YOU? Parenting Self-Care

What works for you? We are conditioned, especially mothers, to give selflessly; always putting ourselves last. We end up exhausted, resentful and depleted in many ways.  Here is a new way of thinking in making your parenting decisions: How does it work for me? Should I sign my kid up for another activity? How would that work for YOU? Should I let my tween have friends over? How does that work for YOU? Cooking or ordering in dinner? How does that work for YOU?  We must include ourselves in the mix when decision-making. This helps to maintain balance in your family, it is one way that we take care of ourselves while caring for the rest of our world, and it also teaches your kids that you are a human, not just a giving machine that never stops!

Wishing you balance,

Bette Levy Alkazian, LMFT
Balanced Parenting
www.BalancedParenting.com

No comments: