Wednesday, September 21, 2016

With thanks to my village...


When we talk about raising kids, it really does take a village.  When I think back to when my own kids were little, I realize that I couldn't have made it through without my mom friends. I wouldn't have known when it was time to give my baby cheerios, or that it was ok to let her cry for a bit if I was just finishing something up. As the kids got older, I had a bunco group that kept me up to date on what was happening at the high school and I had a Mom's Night Out group who kept me sane.  My friends who would bring their kids over for the afternoon so I could have a playdate, too, and then stayed for dinner and baths were my lifeline...and I could give you so many more examples!  It is with thanks to my village that I write this post today and I hope that you, too, have a village who saves your life each day and restores your sanity!!  Feel free to tag your friends with a word of thanks here!!!


Wishing you balance,

Bette Levy Alkazian, LMFT
www.BalancedParenting.com

No comments: