Monday, January 26, 2009

Just what I needed to hear...

Do you ever find that whatever you needed happens to appear just when you needed it?

I have been contemplating writing a book, as you may know. Actually more than contemplating, I've been whittling away at writing. I do a little here and a little there, but I have had some roadblocks that keep me stuck. I realize that the stuckness is really based upon my fears and feelings of inadequacy. (I hope that everyone reading this has experienced that feeling, too, so I don't feel completely terrible about myself!)

Today, I decided to attend a teleseminar on writing in the hopes that I would get some inspiration and hear the words of wisdom that would make my book magically written before my eyes. Ok, that didn't happen. But I did hear exactly what I needed to hear.

I heard that no one can write my book but me because my passion for the subject will shine through better in my own voice than in anyone else's. I needed to hear that because I was trying in my head to pass the buck and get someone else to do it for me.

I also heard that it's ok to get stuck sometimes. Take a break and come back to it. It will look fresher and clearer in the light of another day or another hour. That told me that I'm not the only one struggling through the process. Whew! Just the support I needed to plug through.

So, from my experience, I hope I can inspire you to see the serendipity in your day and to listen to the messages you really need to hear today. They are there...they might be whispering, but they are there. Just listen.

Back to the book, now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes it takes a while to believe that which we know to be true. You can write your book Bette, it is already written in your brain, just let it come out.
Love you,
Loredana