Saturday, December 20, 2008

Times of Uncertainty & Gratitude

My family and I had the immense privilege today of helping out for a few hours at our local food bank. We accomplished so much and I was so proud of all of our hard work (along with a group of our dear friends) and the progress we made for Manna in Thousand Oaks.

During these uncertain economic times, more people than ever are turning to food banks to supplement or provide all of the food for their family.

I couldn't help but feel so much gratitude for all of the blessings in my life and to send blessings to the families waiting patiently for their turn to shop from Manna's shelves.

During this time of year - and any time of year - don't forget to say "thank you" for the many blessings around you. Even in the tough times, there is always something for which to say thank you.

No comments: